Cutting through the red tape

Whether undertaking building work close to an adjacent building or owning a property that may be affected by neighboring building work, we can assist you in determining your rights and the correct process to follow.

The type and extent of building or development work that can be carried out on or near a party wall is governed by the Party Wall etc. Act 1996 and negotiating this and its various stipulations can be challenging.

Our surveyors are experienced to act as Party Wall Surveyor to help identify where and how the Act applies, ensure necessary notices are served, prepare Party Wall Awards, undertake Schedules of Condition to affected properties, and monitor the construction works to ensure works are undertaken in accordance with the Award.  We are also able to assist in any disputes in a timely fashion, helping eliminate costly delays and helping to maintain positive relationships between affected parties.